Saturday, November 10, 2012

never ending summer

 I came across the ice rink in front of the SF Ferry Building and felt a little seasonally confused as it was still warm and I was standing on electric green astroturf. Astroturf is a little swatch of never ending summer.
 Today was the day (after years of wanting) that I ate spinning (rotisserie) chicken and potatoes for breakfast. There is always a long line, actually the longest line at the market is always cued in front of this stand and just a few weeks ago I learned that the long line is for sandwiches only and there's a small sign by the second register where you can order chicken and potatoes only with about 5 people or less in line. The chicken was amazing and the potatoes were covered in chicken drippings, as they cook below the chicken and then sprinkled with coarse sea salt and a topped with a lime wedge, yum. Scream  sorbet was at the market and I couldn't resist a small scoop of pistachio sorbet. A morning full of green.

The farmers market was bustling with people eager to pick up Fall treats, like chestnuts and stocking up early for Thanksgiving provisions. I did a little window shopping at Boulettes Larder where I spied this apple gallette and lemon meringue pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment