Monday, November 12, 2012

oysters at Point Reyes. tradition











Today's my birthday and driving up north to Point Reyes for oysters at The Marshall Store has become tradition. I love driving over the rolling green hills, through redwood forests, past a small cluster of eucalyptus trees that these ladies (cows) cozy up to and how each year I'm a little more familiar with this place. It's a place to take in the scenery, relax, and think about resolutions for the next year. <3





The little town of Point Reyes was a little sleepy today with many of the stores closed on Monday, but the general store was bustling and the barn was still trimmed with pumpkin orange globes and the oyster farmers were still out fishing (above). This is such a tranquil place to take a few deep breaths and recharge. I'm sure I'll be back again by the end of the year and certainly before my next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment