Sunday, January 27, 2013

afternoon pick me up at beloved four barrel

I taught art to the little ones and needed a little energy boost so I stopped in at Four Barrel Coffee for a chocolate chip walnut cookie and iced coffee to go. This was the perfect pick me up. Four Barrel has a special place in my heart as Jeremy, the guy who started the business is a friend from when I lived in Portland, OR. We use to sling coffee together there and he was and still is one of the hardest working and most driven people I know. Coming in as a patron and seeing his continued success is always inspring... and the coffee is incredible. Here in California we tried to pass a law requiring food companies to label their products with any genetically modified ingredients. This wasn't passed, but FB decided to swap out their soy milk that wasn't clear on ingredients with an almond milk brand that clearly labeled their products as being free of gm ingredients. This is just one more reason to love this local business.

No comments:

Post a Comment