Sunday, January 27, 2013

Good Food!



I walked down to the Ferry Building Farmers Market and was overjoyed to see the Good Food event. "The Good Food Awards celebrate the kind of food we all want to eat: tasty, authentic and responsibly produced." Well, the winners were all lined up at the Ferry Building with their winning food ready for tasting. For $5 you could sample all of the winning coffee, preserves, chocolates, cheese, and charcuterie. I saw a few familiar faces from Portland which warmed my heart and sipped a little too much Portland Heart coffee which had me feeling like I was vibrating with energy. I forgot to mention that as soon as I lined up for the first sample I quickly found myself behind Alice Waters of Chez Panisse and a local hero as she brought gardens to so many public schools. The citrus at the market seemed to glow electric pink. I crossed a patch of clover on my walk home and felt like with my luck there had to be one or two four leafed clovers smiling back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment