Friday, June 21, 2013

love for Heath Ceramics







I woke up super early and made my way to Heath Ceramics studio in San Francisco for Heath Open Studio with a factory tour and tile glazing! I've been to the original Heath studio in Sausalito numerous times and on the tour a few and always see something new. This SF tour was a little different as it's in their new 2nd studio located in the industrial section of the Mission District. The tour was lead by one of the two owners and their friendly dog. This space was full of energy and light and hearing about the passion behind Heath and their commitment to the community and craft was well, incredibly inspiring. It's a challenge for me to leave the Sausalito Heath store without a new treasure or two and learning more about the company has me wanting to support them even more. Part of the SF space is home to other local artists and really I'm still beaming when I think about the tour, Heath, and their amazing way of living and building a business where everyone can thrive and be happy. This surprise glaze your own tile station (my creation bottom left) had me jumping for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment