Monday, July 22, 2013

another lovely day at the farmers market

One of my favorite Saturday rituals is a trip to the San Francisco Ferry Building to walk through the farmers market stalls and see the colors of the season and say hello to the heroes that grow our food with love. I was just looking at photos of edible bouquet arrangements (with blueberries on the vine) and really wanted to experiment with this and then the next day I was thrilled to see Cuesa with a long table of herbs ready to help people make their own small bouquet. After carefully tying up my small bouquet I was off to pick up a few treasures.... hello, padrone peppers. I couldn't resist a raspberry bombolini (Italian filled donut) from a vendor inside the market. Sunflowers seemed to be the flower of the week and shined like little rays of sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment