Thursday, September 19, 2013

pickin' peaches

Waking up early in the city I wanted to go to the farmers market, but even more than that I wanted to go on an adventure to a farm, meet the farmers and pick a little food for myself. I called my friend Courtney and told her I could pick her up on my way and with provisions in tow, away we went over barren hills dotted with wind turbines. The temperature seemed to rise with every passing mile and before we knew it we'd left the high 60's of SF and were in true summer heat in the high 90's. The air was so warm and grassy hills so dry that I kept thinking we may have veered off course and then we saw a little oasis in amidst this dessert scene with orchards lined up below us in the valley. I'm not being dramatic when I say that we found the one last orchard with peaches on their very last day of the season. Organic peaches at 99 cents a pound was perfection... especially when the farmer told us we could eat as much as we wanted. Between the warm peaches, hot from the last bit of summer sun, and spots of shade we were pretty thrilled that our mini road trip brought us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment