Tuesday, December 17, 2013

curry in a hurry

I took this photo for a friend that asked how I made a similar soup earlier in the week. When the temperatures start to drop I start making curry, it's my go to easy dinner. This batch was made after a trip to the grocery store, but I usually throw in a bunch of baked vegetables with curry paste, and coconut milk. This batch saute 2 cloves of garlic, an inch of grated ginger, and a spoonful of Thai green curry paste then add in two fistfuls of fresh green beans, one large red bell pepper sliced, 1-2 sweet potatoes (baked another day), half an onion (chopped) and thrown into the pot with a can of coconut milk (not the light stuff) with a can of water or whatever milk you have on hand and then simmer away until the veggies are hot (since the sweet potatoes are already cooked).

No comments:

Post a Comment