Monday, September 17, 2012

sun dried tomatoes



city lights or stars in the night sky

I halved the little red tomatoes from Bethany's garden and put them out single layer on a drying rack by a sunny window and now a week+ later they're ready to put away. I had them cut side up and then when that side was dry I just flipped them over to finish. The large drying rack was packed with these ruby gems and now they barely fill a pint jar, but they're packed with flavor.

The temperatures dropped as the fog rolled in so I roasted a big tray of winter vegetables to prepare different ways this week. Whole baked sweet potatoes are a favorite easy on the go breakfast as I can just eat it skin and all like an apple. I came across this winter squash pic from the farmers market that slipped through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment