Sunday, November 11, 2012

SF Streetcar and MUNI 100 year anniversary!

 I love the streetcars in SF and I was over the moon excited when I found out about the 100 year MUNI Streetcar anniversary celebration. They brought out a lot of streetcars that are not usually out in service! A few of the MUNI buses and streetcars were parked in front of the museum and Ferry Building while others were picking up eager passengers to take a limited route ride. The first car I hoped on was the gem below from 1895 and is full of woodwork detail and a few vintage posters. *swoon*




Emerald beauties above with the open top cruiser in back with lights strung above!!! I felt like a kid at an amusement park and was so giddy to board. Unlike the car from 1895, this open top car runs on the rare weekend, weather permitting. This was a "special" streetcar and very special day. Thanks, MUNI.


This celebration happened the day before Veterans Day so I wanted to take a few photos to honor our heroes. Happy Remembrance/Veterans Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment