Tuesday, January 1, 2013

good luck picnic

 Traditionally my New Years day would be spent making black-eyed peas for a lucky lunch and then maybe ciopinno stew for dinner with loads of fresh seafood. I'd while away the day at a leisurely pace with cooking and craft projects until heading out for a hike.

Today I had plans to go on a little day trip to Sonoma County with my friend Chris for a little wine tasting adventure. I packed up a good luck picnic lunch with black-eyed peas and collard greens packed into mason jars and cornbread wrapped in wax paper. We set off for Healdsburg and after a few wine tastings on the square we were more than ready for our picnic lunch in the winter sunshine. The little cranberry gem below (from Sandbox bakery) was stashed away for a morning treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment