Friday, August 9, 2013

local's corner

My friend Courtney had been on the East Coast for a bit visiting family and it was time to catch up and try a place that'd been on both of our "must try" lists for some time now. I've heard so many good things about Local's Corner and it held up to the accolades. I snapped a few pictures before the sunset, but after the natural light went I put my phone away and really settled into enjoying the meal... without pics to share. I've wanted to try uni and it was on the menu.. hooray. This is said to be the replacement for foie gras that was banned in SF as of last year. The uni with preserved lemon and jalapeno above was creamy and delicious. Below is dungeness crab salad with blackberries, avocado, and roasted beets. Not pictured, but devoured was an confit eggplant, and spotted prawn with white gazpacho. I had Pinot Noir by Banshee out of Sonoma that is my current top favorite local red wine. To the nice guys that sat next to us at Plow, hello, and yes... Local's Corner is now one of my favorite dinner spots in SF so feel free to add it to your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment